Thursday, January 7, 2010

It's Release Day at Taylored Expressions!!


Hey there! Well, here it is.... I've been dying to show you this card!! I just fell in LOVE with it after I finished. Aren't these little cupcakes the cutest? Smoochie-smoochie!! Did ya check out the cupcake on the right? He's all mad cuz' they're talking during the movie!! Bwah-ha-ha-ha!! This stamp is from the "Cuppie Love Scenes" set. It's just one of three new sets available today over at Taylored Expressions. The other two sets are "Love Everywhere" and "Sprinkled with Love". OMG!! You have GOT to go check 'em out. LOVE-LOVE-LOVE 'em!! Now if that weren't enough, Taylor also has the new Valentine's Key Ingredients Kit available today as well!! Holy cow, you should see what you get with this kit!! This kit will easily make all your Valentine's Day cards and then some!! It comes with multiple sheets of high quality cardstock (REALLY nice!), the latest and greatest DP (lot's of that too!), ribbon, Stickles and a whole bag of Valentine chipboard pieces (like the heart I used here on my card). Wait.... there's more.... there's also an additional kit called the Valentine Sweets Sampler that includes tons more goodies... like gems, stick pins, more ribbon, brads, felt buttons, some preeeeety SPAHKLY stuff, etc, etc. Seriously, it's a ton of stuff and it's NICE stuff too!! I was SO excited when I opened mine. It's like a never ending package...just keeps on giving!! Woo-hoo!!

Ok, so on to today's card. I started with the vanilla cardstock in the Valentine's KI Kit as my cardbase and layered on the red cardstock as my mat. The first layer of DP is stitched to that and then I zig-zag stitched the top DP onto it. Next, I stamped my image onto the vanilla cardstock in the Kit and colored it with my Copics. I paper pieced the stage curtains and the chair backs with the same DP from the first layer. I used a few dimensionals behind the valance so it would give the curtains some depth and added some Stickles to the little cupcake cherries. I matted the image with the red cardstock from the Kit and adhered it to the DP with a few dimensionals. I wanted to incorporate some of the chipboard pieces from the Kit as well, so I used one of the smaller hearts and colored it with some red chalk ink and then added red Stickles on top for some GLITTAH! I tied on the beautiful satin ribbon from the Kit and adhered the chipboard heart on top. To finish, I stamped the sentiment onto the same vanilla cardstock and cut it out with my SU Word Window punch and adhered it on top of the ribbon and there you have my first card as the new TE Guest Designer!! Ok, now ya gotta tell me how I did??? Be sure to leave a comment below, 'k?

Be sure to visit each of the Taylored Expressions' Baker's Dozen blogs for a look at all the wonderful creations they've come up with. Wowzer!! Now there's some talent like you wouldn't believe!! Hope you all have a great day!!

The TE Baker's Dozen Design Team:

Supplies:
Rubber Stamps - "Cuppie Love Scenes" from Taylored Expressions; CS, DP & Chipboard - All from the Valentine's Key Ingredients Kit from Taylored Expressions; Colorbox Chalk Ink; Stickles; Copics; SU Word Window Punch

17 comments:

  1. Jeanie! Congratulations as the TE guest designer!!! YAYAY!!! Your card is just sooo beyond adorable!! LOVE the way you colored in everything and I adore your stitching talent!!! Such a beautiful and gorgeous card!!!
    hugs!
    Sankari :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jeanie, what a great job you did on this cuppie movie scene; it is awesome to see all the fun creations people make with my cuppie stamp set idea (sometimes I'm the mad cuppie when people talk at a movie *snort*) so glad you're our first guest designer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Jeanie!! This is SO wonderful! LOVE the layout and the paper piecing! GORGEOUS coloring and I LOVE the glittery heart with the ribbon too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats Jeanie, you knocked this right out of the park!!! Love the paper piecing, your coloring is superb, and I LOVE the "GLITTAHED" heart:):)!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now look at that, aren't you just too clever for the rest of us! This is just gorgeous, I love it, the whole scene looks so cute. GREAT card Jeanie.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jeanie, this is fantastic! I love the mad cuppie! I laughed out loud....literally!! Beautiful stitching and the paper piecing is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. GOJUS card girl!!!! Love your coloring and how clever of you to pop up that valance layer....LOVE IT!! Love everything about your card, right down to that glittery chipboard on your bow. Too cute! Congrats again on being the Guest Designer! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Look at all that spectacular paper piecing!!! And the big fluffy bow is perfect!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is adorable. Love your paper piecing and coloring. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Super cute card! Love the papers you chose for that image - so fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very cute! I just love the little cupcakes! Oh boy, I'm super excited about Valentine's Day.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very Very Very Cute!!!!!
    Kara

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is so adorable, I love the colors and the paper you used is perfect!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Jeanie, I just LOVE this! Your paper piecing is fabulous! Such a wonderful card!

    ReplyDelete
  15. The layering just draws you into the movie scene. Love that you used the paper cut outs so it matches. Can't be easy to eat popcorn without hands!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yay!! Congrats on being the TE guest designer!! This card is just adorable and I am in LOVE with your gorgeous bow!!!

    ReplyDelete

I just love hearing from da hens!! Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with me. Cluckity-cluck!