Monday, January 25, 2010

Just wanted to say....

.... Happy Monday!!! I hope you had a nice weekend. I did some stamping (of course!) and pretty much just relaxed. We went to a BBQ over at my parents', which is always fun, and I got to visit with my relatives. I am SO blessed, I really do have the BEST family evah!!


This little card is for my Uncle' s birthday. I had yet to ink up this cute little typewriter I got from Stamping Bella a little while back, so I thought it would make a perfect guy card. This DP is from a K & Company 4x6 paper pack I picked up at Michael's last week. I grabbed up like 5 or 6 paper packs while I was there (40% off all of them, helllloooo!) cuz' I was gettin' kinda low. Bwha-ha-ha-ha! You believe that, don'tcha?? Anyhoo, this pack and a few others I grabbed, have this great texture to them. It's almost like they're linen. Of course all are double sided, LOVE double sided DP!! Ok, so I stamped "just my type" onto some Classic Crest CS and colored with my Copics. Do you guys remember actually using a manual typewriter??? Hmmmmm??? Yip, me too!! Man, they were hard to type on!! Then came ELECTRIC ones!! Oooooooohhh, boy we thought that was the best thing since BUBBLEGUM!! Now, the old monstrosity sits in the back corner of our office collecting dust. Each time someone tries to toss it, the old gals (like me!) say, whoa, wait a minute, we may need that for something!! He-he!! Old habits die hard!! Ok, back to the card.... So I decided to add a table beneath the typewriter so it wouldn't be floating and stamped the "just wanted to say.." sentiment on the typewriter paper. This set comes with 5 sayings, so it's really a great multipurpose set to add to your collection. I matted the image with SU Basic Black and stitched around the edges. I used a few dimensionals between the individual layers for some depth and tied on this grosgrain stitched ribbon to finish. Ok, be sure to leave a comment below and let me know what you think. Have a GREAT Monday!!

This week's Bellarific Friday theme is birthday!! Isn't that a great theme? I always need birthday cards, don't you? You do!!?? Well then, come on and play along with us this week. Just send Emily your card by Thursday evening and you could even win some cool Bella Bucks just for playing. Head over to Bloggabella for all the details.

Supplies:
Rubber Stamps - Just my Type from Stamping Bella; CS - SU Basic Black, Classic Crest White; Ribbon - Michaels; DP - K & Company; Copics

14 comments:

  1. Love,love, love those papers and the usual fabulous bow. This card is perfect to send a note to anyone. The typewriter image is a hoot! Have a wonderful week,hugs...

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute card! Love the black!
    Kara

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the colors, very unique!!! Great card, your uncle is really gonna like it!!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really cute. Yea, I believe you were getting low on DP, just like me. Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You've done it again another stunner, I just love everything you do.
    love chris xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is perfect! Love the typewriter and the message! Great paper and coloring, of course!!tfs your creativity with us!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This card is great. I love how you pulled the green from the card out with the colour of your typewriter. Very nicely done.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just love that typewriter image, its so diferent and i can think o lots of uses for it.

    Great card

    Lisa ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'd give it a 10....perfect! You're coloring is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fantastic card! Love it!
    Shanna :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the background paper and the little heart on the type-writer.

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's gorgeous Jeanie, I am scared of colouring this typewriter, and you make it look so easy.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow! This is fabulous! I love the papers you chose!

    ReplyDelete

I just love hearing from da hens!! Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with me. Cluckity-cluck!