Thursday, January 28, 2010

That's Krafty Thursday! #12

Happy That's Krafty Thursday!! Ok, ya gotta LOVE this lady right?? Man, she looks so much like me in the morning, it's SCARY... literally!! I even have the same bunny slippers. Bwha-ha-ha-ha! I had been thinking of using Maude for a Valentine's card for awhile now and finally had a chance. Ya, I'm an odd bird, what can I say?

Ok, so I printed the sentiment onto the Classic Crest CS and then used my Stampa-ma-jig to line her up next to it. I colored her with my Copics and sponged some chalk ink around the edges. I matted the image with some SU Real Red CS and stitched both layers onto some white CS that I punched with my SU Scalloped border punch. This DP is from one of my new finds at Michael's last week. It's from K & Company's new Ka-Zoo line. Super cute papers in this collection. I'll be using it even after Valentine's Day I'm sure. The DP is matted with the SU Real Red, Classic Crest White and then stitched onto the SU Kraft card base. I tied on this pretty polka dot ribbon from Taylored Expressions and she's ready to start the day! After her coffee, that is. Now That's Krafty!! Be sure to leave a comment below and let me know what you think of her. Have a great Thursday!!

Be sure to stop back by tomorrow for Bellarific Friday. The theme this week is Birthday! Can't wait to see what you and the Sistah's have come up with. Wanna play? Head on over to Bloggabella for all the details. You have until this evening to submit your card.

Supplies:
Rubber Stamp - Maude from Art Impressions; CS - Classic Crest White, SU Real Red & Kraft; Ribbon - Taylored Expressions; SU Scalloped Border Punch; Copics

20 comments:

  1. Thanks for a morning chuckle. Even your humorous cards are beautiful and so well-composed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always look forward to reading your blog and today is no exception.
    Brill card as always.
    love chris xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brilliant card - my kind of valentine !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Non-Traditional! Love it!
    Kara

    ReplyDelete
  5. ROFL, LOVE Maude!
    I would send this type of Valentine before a mushy one any day. As alwasys your work is Grand, I love the papers and stitching. (My machine sits out near my stamping, I must get brave and give it a try.) Have Good Day, hugs...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very funny card!!! I look like that in the morning too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I almost blew my stupid coffee across the desk when I saw Maude!! I love her!! I have never been a sicky sweet kind of person for cards!! She is just my style!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. No way do you look like Maude in the morning, except maybe the slippers. :)
    What a cute and different Valentine card. Love the sentiment you added. Of course your coloring is great as always.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love looking at your blog every morning! Your cards are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are so funny!! I hope I don't look like that in the morning (or anytime!) Your card is so cute and I love the coloring. You have such a wonderful gift (humor and art!) Thanks for sharing that!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very cute, I love her slippers.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your coloring, love th epaper, love that image. She is too funny.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, she is so funny, reminds me of Josephine character. Love it! Marsha

    ReplyDelete
  14. Too funny! I love the card. Great coloring.

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a HOOT! Really fun w/a beautiful design!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh this is so special. Love that image. I think it's me too lol. You are so clever with the sentiments, I must ask you next time I'm stuck!

    ReplyDelete
  17. How great is THIS! The colors are stunning again!! Love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Ha ha ha. Lucky for me the stamp doesn't have glasses, so I don't look like her at all! Love the shading - especially on her face and on the robe by the buttons and pocket.

    ReplyDelete

I just love hearing from da hens!! Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with me. Cluckity-cluck!