Thursday, March 25, 2010

Center of Attention Product Spotlight - Metal Squares

Shooo-weee!! We got's lots going on in the hen house today!! Well, it's Thursday, so da hens know what that means.... it's That's Krafty Thursday #19! But not only is today's card my TKT post, it's also part of the Taylored Expressions' Center of Attention Product Spotlight AND the Taylored Expressions Sketch Challenge #105 too! This is ONE BUSY card, huh?


This month's product spotlight is Metal Squares. These squares are packaged as aluminum, copper or you can get a combo pack with both. The Taylored Expressions store is also offering the squares today through March 28th at a 15% discountl! Yay!! What hen doesn't love a sale? Hmmm?

I decided to emboss the copper square and incorporate it as part of the TESC layout.

I just LOVE how this turned out too! The metal squares were a cinch to emboss! I placed the square in my Cuttlebug "bubbles" embossing folder and ran it through my Cuttlebug. Yoila! Perfect! I was wondering if the embossing would be delicate to handle, but I had no problems at all. The weight of this metal is surprisingly heavy which I believe is why it made such a clean impression. Oh, and cutting the metal was just as easy! My rotary paper trimmer buzzed right through it like buttah! Cool beans huh? Get it? Beans, coffee??? Yeah, I'm weird, what can I say!! Ok, I knew I wanted to use this little coffee cup and steam from the "Sprinkled with Love" set, so I stamped them both onto some SU Very Vanilla. I stamped the cup image twice because I wanted to cut the second image out and pop it up for a cool 3D effect.

I colored the images with my Copics, stitched it onto some brown CS and sponged a little chalk ink around the edges. I popped the second coffee cup up with a few dimensionals and even added some vanilla coffee scent too! Mmmm-mmmmm!! Yum!! This DP is from Cosmo Cricket's Lil' Man collection and I matted it with the brown CS and then stitched it to the Kraft card base. To finish, I added this little band of brown CS and a copper brad on top! Now That's Krafty!! I just LOVE the look of the copper with the oranges and browns, don't you?

Okee dokee, that's it for me today.... don't forget to leave a cluck below and let me know what you think, k? Oh and be sure to fly on over to the rest of the Baker's Dozen team participating in this challenge and see what FABULOUS creations they've come up with. Have a GREAT day! {{{hen hugs}}}

Supplies:
Rubber Stamp - Sprinkled with Love from Taylored Expressions; DP - Cosmo Cricket; CS - Prism Tawny Medium, PTI Dark Chocolate, SU Very Vanilla; Copper brad; Copics; Cuttlebug Bubbles Embossing Folder; Card Scents French Vanilla Coffee; Copper Metal Squares from Taylored Expressions

14 comments:

  1. Hi jeanie
    wow love that effect with your copper.impressed or what!
    love that coffee cup just sat having one now my cups not so nicely painted though!
    back soon love chris xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jeanie, this is so neat! I love the embossed copper square and the sponging around the coffee cup!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jeanie this is just way too cool! I LOVE the copper square and the colors of this card - it is just perfect - LOVE the texture you created and your card has just inspired me to get a fresh cup of coffee!!! :))) Beautiful creation!
    Big hugs!
    Sankari :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mmmmmmm...coffee!!!!!!!!! LOVE the copper embossed sheet and that delish cuppa joe!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the metal effect too. Especially the tie in with the copper brad. The brown paper looks like suede and makes the card so "rich" looking - just like the coffee with the foamy top. I can almost taste it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the metal. Would have tried tinfoil but the would probably squish out to easy. Cool Look.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jeanie--I just got an e-mail about this product. The next thing I did was check your blog--and there it was! I'm going to order some now. I love your card.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Adorable card ~ using the bubbles embossing folder with the cup from Sprinkled with Love is just brilliant! The color combo and mix of patterns is amazingly beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  9. STUNNING!!! that cup looks delicious! I love your "bubbly" background - the colors are so rich! lovely!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card...the tin and DP go so well together...I can almost feel the steam coming from the cup...lol...thanks for sharing...have a stampin' good evening.

    Stampin' HUGZ
    Beverley

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love using metal and absolutely love coffee stamps. The combination of both has sent me over the edge into my room to create.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, very nice, I like what you did with the metal. Super cute.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Stunner, great paper combo, with the embossed copper metal, you did an amazing job. Cool beans, on to the next comment.... I'm going to need a nap when I'm done, rofl.

    ReplyDelete

I just love hearing from da hens!! Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with me. Cluckity-cluck!