Saturday, March 27, 2010

It's a Bugaboo Stamps Color Challenge!

Ooooh, I love color challenges, don't you? The Catch the Bug challenge this time is to use the colors kiwi, coral and banana in your project. *sniff-sniff* I smell Starburst candy already. LOL!!
So, did ya hear the news???? Yep, it's TRUE!! I'm on the Bugaboo Stamps design team!! SHUT UP!! OMG!! I'm SO excited to be part of this team, you have NO idea!!!Smiley

Now da hens that've been around the hen house for awhile, know I LOVEEEEE funny images and Bugaboo Stamps is right up my alley. Seriously, we were made for each other!! These images are just SO stinkin cute AND funny too! I want them ALL!! I'm gonna be SO broke.

For those of you who are new to the hen house, well here's a BIG OL' WELCOME CLUCK just for you!! Awwwwwk!! So, sit a spell on your perch and enjoy your visit.

Today's card uses one of this week's Freebie Friday images, "umbrella turtle" from Bugaboo Stamps. What's that? Didn't I tell ya? Yep, that's right, EVERY Friday there's a FREE digital image available for download. Isn't that AWESOME?

For this week's challenge I printed "umbrella turtle" onto some SU Very Vanilla CS and colored him with my Copics. This DP is from My Minds Eye Quite Contrary line. Aren't these colors yummy? I matted both the DP and the image with Prism Desert Coral CS and stitched around the edges. I used my Martha Stewart border punch along the bottom edge of a coordinating sheet of this DP and added some Glossy Accents to the puddle and rain drop as well. To finish, I hand wrote the sentiment, added a button, and tied this pretty saddle stitched ribbon into a cute bubbly bow. So whatcha think? Did I do ok? Leave me a cluck below and lemme know, k? Wanna play along with this challenge too? Head on over to Catch the Bug for all the details. You could even win more FREE images!! Woo-hoo!! I hope you've enjoyed your visit at the hen house and I hope to see ya back real soon! {{{hen hugs}}}

Supplies:
Digital Image - Umbrella Turtle from Bugaboo Stamps; CS - SU Very Vanilla, Prism Desert Coral Dark and Light, Ribbon - Papertrey Ink; Ribbon; Copics, Glossy Accents

18 comments:

  1. Jeanie--finally I can say it "out in the open!" We are so happy to have you on our design team!!!!! Welcome aboard. Love your card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card! Love your coloring and the DP is to die for!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the card, love your energy, I am so glad you are on on team!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome to this crazy team!! So happy to have you! Love the card and oh so yummy paper!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome Jeanie. I am so happy to have you join us at Bugaboo. I have been on the team from the start and now I never want to leave. Hope you have as much fun as we all do. Can't wait to get to know you better. Have a great Saturday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely adorable,I love it and your colouring is fabulous!!! Congrats and welcome to the team!!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a stunning card,you've used some of my favourite papers of the moment!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is just too stinkin' cute!!! I love it! I will give it 5 out of 5 clucks!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very cute! I love the big bow. Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  10. beautiful Card Jeanie,love your colring, the bow and papers too! OK everything..lol Welcome to the DT! I am so happy to have you as part of my team!

    ReplyDelete
  11. OH MY! I love this! Love the paper-- adore the MME Quite Contrary. He just makes me smile.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Quite delightful!! This will brighten someone's day!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm currently in the process of carving an image in marble of Jeanie so I can put it on my mantle and worship it everyday. . .Jeanie, you are TOO-TOO AMAZING, and this card is ABSOLUTELY FABULOUS!!! MWAH!

    ReplyDelete
  14. WOW! This is amazing!! Great coloring job. Love that paper!! Congratulations!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congrats to you. I love bugaboo stamps. Your turtle is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congrats on the design team. I know how you love the funny images. You did a great job coloring and coordinating the papers. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Way to go Jeanie!!!! Just love the turtle.
    Kara

    ReplyDelete

I just love hearing from da hens!! Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with me. Cluckity-cluck!