Wednesday, March 3, 2010

You're my hero!!

Hi there! Happy Wednesday to ya! Guess what? Ok, you'll never guess so I'm just gonna blurt it out... LOL!! I'm officially a Baker's Dozen DT member!! Pinch me please!! Can you believe it?? Taylor asked me to stay on after my Guest Designer roll ended February 28th. Woo-hoo!!


Ok, so today and tomorrow, I'll be featuring a few sneak peeks of the upcoming sets being released from Taylored Expressions. The release day is this Friday, March 5th and you SO don't wanna miss this one! Today's sneak peek features the newest set in the TE Giving Tree Program, "You're My Hero". The TE Giving Tree program will donate $7.00 of each charitable set sold during the months of March through May to CureSearch in memory of Taylor's 10 year old next door neighbor, Darrin Zimmerman, who lost his battle with cancer last fall. CureSearch unites the world's largest childhood cancer research organization, the Children's Oncology Group, and the National Childhood Cancer Foundation through their mission to cure childhood cancer. I think this is a fabulous idea and I'm so pleased to be able to participate in this cause.

I decided to go with a totally ROCKIN' theme for this card using the "Rock Star" Key Ingredients kit along with the "You're My Hero" set. So many AWESOME things in this Key Ingredients kit, from the cool DP, to the glitter brads, and even this spah'kling ribbon!! Cool beans, huh? So, I started by stamping my image with Versamark ink onto the black cardstock and then embossing with silver tinsel embossing powder. Man, the image just pops off that black doesn't it? I did the same with the sentiment below and rounded the corners as well. I punched the diamond latice border with my Fiskars border punch and adhered this FABBY DP from the Rock Star KI kit on top. To finish, I added the chipboard star tag, a few glitter brads and this great ribbon, all from the kit as well. Ok, that does it for me today! Be sure to stop back by the hen house tomorrow for another sneak peek. Oooooh, I'm SO excited to show you... You're gonna love it!! Until tomorrow.... {{{hen hugs}}}

Be sure to check out the rest of the Baker's Dozen for their take on this ROCKIN' set:


Supplies:
Rubber Stamps - You're My Hero from Taylored Expressions; Cardstock - DP - Brads - Tag - Ribbon - Metal Sheet all from the Rock Star Key Ingredients Kit from Taylored Expressions; Silver Embossing Powder; Punch - Fiskars

17 comments:

  1. This is totally cute, Jeanie! I love how you embossed the singer and guitarist in silver on black cardstock! You pulled all the silver together so well from the metal star to the embossed sentiment! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This card is 'rockin'!!!! My son loves Guitar Hero!!! You did a great job.......like always!!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun card and the embossing details are just brilliant! The nested star is just the perfect touch!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow!! This card is just fabulousness!!! I love the silver embossing on the black cardstock! It definitely makes them pop off! Great card and love having you on the team! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are the Rock Star of card making. Congrats....hugs...

    ReplyDelete
  6. How fabulously fun Jeanie! LOVE how you used both rocker dude and the singer! Totally AWESOME layout and I love all the embossing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's a concert! Love the two musicians together. Can't wait to see what you come up with using tomorrow's set!!! Cluck, cluck...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooooh!!! I am loving the silver on the black cardstock - that looks incredible!! Your layout rocks and so does that ribbon!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great card and yeah for make the Baker's Dozen.
    Kara

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats on the Bakers Dozen DT. Your card rocks. The silver embossing on the black looks awesome. Love all the elements of your card.

    ReplyDelete
  11. So cute, Jeanie!! Love how you emobssed them with silver.....really ties the whole card together!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That embossing on the textured cardstock ROCKS!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Welcome to the Baker's Dozen (officially, LOL!;) Jeanie!!! So happy you are here and so glad you had a wonderful brithday!!! LOVE your gorgeous silvery and lovely embossed creation - Just fantastic!!! That punched edge is awesome love the little metal star!!!Big hugs!
    Sankari :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. The silver just pulls it all together to make a great card. I like the fun paper and the green goes great with it all.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Awesome card, Jeanie! Love the white on black for those silhouette images!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Can you please stop making cards ALL day, I can't believe how far behind I am on my comments! Take a holiday my orders, lol. What an unusual card compared to your normal style, show you when you're good you're good!

    ReplyDelete

I just love hearing from da hens!! Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with me. Cluckity-cluck!