Thursday, March 4, 2010

Sneak Peeks Day 2!

Woo-hoo!! It's Thursday!! The hens all know how much I LOVEEEE Thursdays, and today is no exception cuz' I get to showcase another day of sneak peeks for ya!! You hens are SO lucky!! Not only do I have a sneak peek for ya, but I've got TWO!! Thud!!!! Ok, now get back on your chair and take a gander at these AWESOME sets being released tomorrow at Taylored Expressions.

First up is from the Lasting Impression's collection called, "Easter Blessings"... isn't this gorgeous?? I LOVE this set!! I've always wanted a religious Easter set, so this was a real treat for me. I know I'll be using it for other occasions as well. I decided to pair it with some DP from the Cosmo Cricket Everafter Collection. This collection has some very elegant patterns in it and I think it went perfectly with this set. I stamped the image in StazOn Stone Gray ink, stitched around all the edges and popped up all the layers for a great dimensional effect. I hadn't used my new SU border punch in a square until now and I love the look. This stamp set also includes many wonderful sentiments and it was hard for me to choose which one to use. I finally decided on "Easter Blessings" and finished with this pretty satin ribbon.


Next up is a new set from the Whimsical Wishes collection, called "Favorite Peeps". This is SUCH a cute collection of images. The basket and chicks are actually two separate images in the set. I decided to layer them in one image by masking the chicks and then stamping the basket behind them. Hey, it's Chicken in a Basket!! Awkkkk! Did I just say that?? Umm, how 'bout chicken with a basket? Yup, that does sound much better! I colored my little chicks and basket of eggs with my Copics and cut them out with my Nesties. I sponged a little chalk ink around the edges and then matted the image with some lavender and burgundy CS, both from the Easter Key Ingredients kit. Also from the kit, is this springy DP from Basic Grey's Kioshi collection. I layered a piece of vellum over the DP to soften it a bit and added some mini buttons to the corners. I stitched around the edges and finished with this pretty ribbon tied in a cute bubbly bow! Be sure to leave a cluck below and let me know what you think of my sneak peeks. Don't forget to stop back by the hen house tomorrow for release day, I've got one more BONUS to show you!! Yay!! In the mean time, hop on over to the rest of the Baker's Dozen team and see what they've created with these great sets!! You're in for a treat!! TKT will be back next week at it's regularly scheduled time! LOL!! {{{hen hugs}}}

Supplies:
Rubber Stamps - Easter Blessings from Taylored Expressions; DP - Cosmo Cricket Everafter Collection; Ribbon - Michaels; SU Border Punch
Rubber Stamps - Favorite Peeps from Taylored Expressions; DP, CS, Ribbon, Buttons all from the Easter Key Ingredients Kit from Taylored Expressions; Vellum; Nestabilities

20 comments:

  1. Both projects are just gorgeous, Jeanie! I love your bubbly bows (I need a tutorial!). :)

    The paper you used for your Easter Blessings card is so elegant. And I love how you masked the chicks to create your Chicken in a Basket scene. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eeeks!! I LOVE how you added the chicks in front of the basket!! And the Easter Blessings card is so elegant.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh. My. Word. Your cards are GORGEOUS and can I say SHUT UP on the Easter Blessings card? Is that appropriate? LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are exquisite Jeanie!! Your first card is the epitome of elegance and I ADORE the sweet scene you created on your second card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thud! Such stunning cards!!! Love the elegance you achieved in each...beautiful in every way.

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE your cards!! I'm cluckless, they are so beautiful (and fun!).

    ReplyDelete
  7. Simply AMAZINGGGGGGGGGG Jeanie!!! LOVE that first card - wow - what an elegant beautifully made card - love it! The chicks and the basket Jeanie??!!! Get OUT!!! That is genius my friend!! LOVE the coloring and the bows are yummo!!!
    Big hugs!
    Sankari :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, your Easter Blessings card is gorgeous, and your Easter chicks card is adorable. I love all your details. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  9. Jeanie these are lovely & congrats on being on the team!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful Easter cards. Love them.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ooooh, the paper you used for your Blessings card looks absolutely gorgeous and I ADORE the scene you created with the chick in front of the basket!! Another smack my palm to forehead moment...why didn't I think of that?!?! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  12. These cards are wonderful. Just love the chicks.
    Kara

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, Jeanie, these are stunning. Your Easter Blessings card is beyond gorgeous! Can't wait to see what you come up with next!

    ReplyDelete
  14. GORGEOUS cross card and your chicks by the egg basket scene is too sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  15. ACK!! Look at all that grass -it's amazing!! Love these little Easter chick cards - they are darling! You captured the elegance of Easter Blessings in your wonderful card with all the scallops. LOVE them.

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a gorgeous Easter card and that peep card is just ADORABLE!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow is right! These are FANTASTIC! Who wouldn't love it get either one. You did a great job matching the colors in the first to the background paper and the border punch is perfect.
    The chicks are cute as can be. I like the effect of the see through vellum and how the buttons set the edges. Love the pop of the ribbon.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gasp! These are both beyond gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. The cross is beautiful! I also love the Easter-y basket and colors!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Look how clever, I could never make something that elegant. The little chicks are adorable I want to pick them up and squeeze them. Great cards!

    ReplyDelete

I just love hearing from da hens!! Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with me. Cluckity-cluck!