Saturday, March 20, 2010

We need some CHICK TIME!

How perfect is this sentiment for the "hen house"? CHICK TIME is all we have around the coop! LOL!! In fact today, we're having a garage sale and all my family is coming over to participate. Ah say, hens dat is... We don't keep the roosters around. We send them off to do whatever it is they do, cuz us hens gots lotsa cackling to do, lemme tell ya! ROFL!!


This is one of the many images included in the Favorite Peeps set from Taylored Expressions. This is such a cute set for Easter and Spring, but I thought I'd show you another way to use this set. How about a card for your BFF, sister or even mother... let's say to just get together for a day of shopping or maybe a movie. Us hens NEED chick time together!! SERIOUSLY!! We gotta talk to other hens cuz those roosters just don't get where we're coming from, right? HELLLLOOOO!

So I started by stamping my image onto some SU Kraft CS and colored her with my Copics. I stamped the sentiment, also from the set, around the image and cut it out with my circle Nestie. I matted the image with some SU Basic Black and again with the SU Kraft cut with my scalloped circle Nestie. This DP is from Scrapbook Walls and I picked it up as an individual sheet many moons ago. I matted each with the SU Basic Black CS and stitched around the edges. I punched squares from the DP as well and matted each with the black CS and then with the SU Kraft cut with my scalloped square Nesties. I added a black brad to the center of each square and tied on this great black saddle stiched ribbon to finish. Hey, I know I'd LOVE to get this card in the mail from one of my BFF hens inviting me out for a day trip, wouldn't you?? CHARGE IT!! LOL!! Okee dokee, be sure to leave a cluck below and let me know whatcha think, okay? Have a wonderful weekend! {{{hen hugs}}}

Supplies:
Rubber Stamps - Favorite Peeps from Taylored Expressions; CS - SU Kraft & Basic Black; DP - Scrapbook Walls; Nestabilities; Copics; Ribbon - Papertrey Ink; Brads; Punch - EK Success, Creative Memories

12 comments:

  1. Hi there Jeanie
    I sure would like to get this in the post, its right up my street,you inspire me so much.
    the image is fab as are the choice of colours, not seen those dp's before, they are so brill.
    back soon love chris xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. ANOTHER Perfectly adorable card. Some fun color combination and the sentiment with the cute little chick. PERFECTION. Have a wonderful weekeknd, hugs...

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is adorable. Love the image and sentiment, and the papers you used are perfect. Great job. TFS
    Have a great day and good luck with your garage sale.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love kraft and havent tried coloring with copics on it! I need to try that!! Super cute card! Love the dp you used!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Seriously, this is too cute for words!! Love it, love it!! Love the scallops on the kraft! Yeah, you don't want the roosters around to know how much fun money you make ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is just darling!!!! So very cute.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Funny, perfect for The Spotted Chick. I like the layout of this card.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the sentiment, super cute card!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just the cutest card.
    Kara

    ReplyDelete
  10. The black with this paper is fantastic! It just pops so well with the yellow and tan - awesome! Love that you used black to stitch with too. Great card.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this card! Such a cute chick and I Love the sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh so pretty! Love the sentiment, perfect for a chickee, lol.

    ReplyDelete

I just love hearing from da hens!! Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with me. Cluckity-cluck!