Thursday, March 18, 2010

When the moon hits your face...


..like a BIG piece'a cake, that's amore!! LOL!! Had ya goin' there, didn't I?? Remember that ol' Dean Martin song? I love those old songs. My parents had this outside speaker on the back patio of our home and when Daddy would grill outside on Saturdays, they would always play Dean Martin on the Hi-Fi stereo!! Remember Hi-Fi's?? Forget iPods, these things were a piece of furniture!! Oh, how I LOVED those days!!

Happy That's Krafty Thursday #18! Woo-hoo!!

Ok, so onto my card for today. I just love this little Cheffa Huggabug from Stamping Bella. He's too cute!! I stamped little Cheffa onto some SU Very Vanilla CS and colored him with my Copics. I cut him out with my circle Nesties and sponged a little chalk ink around the edges with the die in place. I matted him with a scalloped circle cut from some SU Basic Black and placed a few dimensionals between the two layers. This is a new paper pack I picked up at Michael's just last week and I love the colors in it. It's by DCWV and it's called, "Hittin' the Books!". Yeah, I know, I've got WAY too much paper!! I'm SO addicted! So, I matted the DP with some SU Basic Black CS and stitched around the edges. The border across the bottom is actually one of the coordinating DP's in the collection and I cut out the little triangles on the bottom edge and popped it up with a few dimensionals. To finish, I tied this yummy orange saddle stitched ribbon into a cute bubbly bow. Now That's Krafty!!

Be sure to leave a cluck below and let me know whatcha think, k? Don't forget, tomorrow is Bellarific Friday and the theme is monochromatic!! You've still got time to play along.... head on over to Bloggabella for all the details. Have a terrific Thursday!! {{{hen hugs}}}

Supplies:
Rubber Stamps - Cheffa Huggabugg from Stamping Bella; DP - DCWV "Hittin the Books"; CS - SU Kraft & Basic Black; Ribbon - Papertrey Ink; Nestabilities; Colorbox Chalk Ink; Copics

9 comments:

  1. What a lovely card,I so love those papers!x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your little chef is soooo cute.
    Kara

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love krafty Thursday cards and this cute huggabug is no exception. Too Much Paper? *No such thing...* LOL. hugs...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi there Jeanie
    yes I remember Hi fi's so well still have all my lp's..only last week my 5 year old nephew couldnt believe his eyes when he saw an LP going round, and said to his Dad come and look at this its unbelievable, we all had a smile.
    we also have ipods in the house,just to let you know we are not that antiquaited.

    anyway back to important things
    your card is beautiful, just love that chef image,and the papers, wow
    love that black check.
    back soon love chris x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Like a big pizza pie....ya I remember those days!! Martin, Como, Sinatra, Bennett...ew, I'm dating myself!!
    Your card is so cute, love the little cheffa.
    I also remember the stereo console being huge!! Definitely a piece of furniture (Ha!) I think my mom just got rid of theirs when they moved a couple of years ago!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your Krafty Thursdays and this card. Chef Huggabug is adorable. Love the papers and I looked at that DCWV stack, but didn't get it. I may have to rethink that. :) (from one paper addict to another. Ha!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. darn it chicken! this was another one i had all stamped out waiting to be coloured this weekend! #2 to be put on the back burner!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So cute, I love the colors with the kraft paper.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the colours you used, I always get stuck on white when I see a cheff, now you've made me see the light. Beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete

I just love hearing from da hens!! Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with me. Cluckity-cluck!