Friday, March 19, 2010

Happy Birthday Lily!

It's Bellarific Friday and Lily's birthday too! Woo-hoo!! Now, you're probably wondering who's Lily, huh? Well, Lily is my daughter's little Maltipoo and today is her second birthday. She's SO sweet... We call her Silly Lily! LOL!! My little baby is a Yorkie, and her name is Emily. Today's card is a birthday card from Emily to Lily. Hehe!! I just LOVE how this one turned out too! It looks just like the two of them. Lily is full of it and Emily is so laid back and like "WHATEVER!" Lily wants to play and Emily wants to lay! LOL!! Emily is 13 years old, so you can imagine she thinks very little of PLAY time. Seriously, I think Emily must sleep 22 hours a day! What a life!!


So today's Bellarific Friday theme was monochromatic. I chose brown for my color and just used varying shades. I started by stamping both Muffy and Chichi from Stamping Bella onto some SU Kraft CS and colored them with my Copics. I applied some Liquid Applique to Chichi (Lily) and used my heat gun to puff it up. I cut the images out using my circle Nestie, sponged some chalk ink around the edges and matted it with some brown CS from my stash. I used this checkered kraft and brown DP from Provo craft and matted it with the same brown CS. I embossed a square of SU Kraft CS with my "distressed stripes" embossing folder and stitched it to the brown CS as well. I stamped the sentiment onto some Kraft CS and cut it into individual pieces and adhered it under the matted image. I tied this cute polka dot ribbon into a cute bubbly bow and there you have one "paws"a-tively AWESOME birthday card!! *snort* Ok, be sure to leave a cluck below and let me know what you think, k? Don't forget to check out all the eye candy over at Bloggabella and see what da Bella Babes and sistahood came up with.

Next week's Bellarific Friday theme is a sketch by our own Joanneabella. I SO LOVEEEEE sketches!! Come on and play along with all the sistahs, k? Visit Bloggabella for all the details. Have a wonderful Friday!
{{{hen hugs}}}

Supplies:
Rubber Stamps - Chichi and Muffy Ketto from Stamping Bella; DP - Provo Craft; CS - SU Kraft and brown; Ribbon - Taylored Expressions; Nestabilities; Copics; Liquid Applique

13 comments:

  1. This image made me smiling! The card is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This card is toooo cool! Give Lily a hug for me.
    Kara

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is paws-itively adorable!!! What a great idea to use shades of brown...and the pups, well they're just too sweet!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG that is the cutest ever! Happy *Bark* Day Lily, hugs...

    ReplyDelete
  5. grrrrrrrrrr....ya you know what i am saying now! fyi...i've put my little stamped poodle on the back burner for now! maybe for a VERY long time!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super cute; love the monochromatic theme!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Birthday to Lily; what a perfect card & I love the brown tones simply brilliant!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. ooh la la this is so special.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is such a darling card. Love the browns- good choice. Happy Bark Day to Lily.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this card! So does Lily!! It looks just like the two of them, ha ha.

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this card. It's elegant and adorable at the same time.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh this is so well done. I don't think I could ever do something in a single colour, my card would look like one big blob! This is adorable.

    ReplyDelete

I just love hearing from da hens!! Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with me. Cluckity-cluck!