Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Happy Birthday Dinky!

Today is my daughter's 24th birthday!! Oh my, I can't believe how fast time goes by. Seriously, it seems like yesterday when we came home from the hospital with her. She's the light of my life and if I was any more proud I think I'd bust!! I wanted to use this little stamp because it reminds me of the many times I pushed her around the neighborhood in her stroller. Loved those days!!


This cute little stamp is from Alota Rubber Stamps and I picked it up from All that Scraps. Christine carries quite a few of their stamps and her shipping is dirt cheap! I stamped the image onto some SU Very Vanilla CS in Momento Tuxedo Black and colored with my Copics adding a little Glamour Dust to her wings. I cut and embossed the image with my Classic Circle Nestie and leaving the die in place, I sponged around the edges with my ColorBox chalk ink so it would resemble the DP. The image is matted with two Scalloped Circle Nestibilities in both SU Riding Hood Red and Kraft. I placed dimensionals between the two Nestie scalloped circles for dimension. The card base is SU Kraft and the DP is from Cosmo Cricket. I have to tell ya, I love their paper. They just have a retro feel to them and I can't get enough of it. I matted the DP to some SU Riding Hood Red and stitched around the edges. I printed the sentiment onto some SU Very Vanilla and cut and embossed with my Nestie tag die and again left the Nestie in place while sponging some chalk ink onto the tag to match the shading on the image. I tied some taffeta ribbon around the matted DP to hold the Nestie tag in place, then added some brown buttons threaded with some embroidery thread and that finishes the card. Leave a comment below and let's wish Jessica a VERY Happy Birthday!!

Supplies:
Rubber Stamp-Alota Rubber Stamps; Nestabilities; Copics; SU-Kraft, Red Riding Hood & Very Vanilla; Ribbon-SU Red Riding Hood Taffeta; DP-Cosmo Cricket; Glamour Dust

4 comments:

  1. This card is just darling! Happy Birthday, Jessica.
    Kara

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohh, this is adorable. It is nice to have those memories to cherish. Happy Birthday Jessica, hope it is a great one.
    JoAnn

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love my card! I like the ribbon detail at the bottom. Jessica
    PS thanks everyone for the b-day wishes

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also remember those days we took her shopping with us, she was a great baby. Aunt Teresa

    ReplyDelete

I just love hearing from da hens!! Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with me. Cluckity-cluck!