Saturday, August 29, 2009

Harvest Blessings #3

Happy Saturday!! Here I am using my favorite Fall set again.... Happy Harvest from Whipper Snapper. Believe it or not, I still have one more card in mind to make with this set. Can ya tell I'm gettin' excited about Fall coming? Yippee!


This is my submission to the Pink Elephant Challenge #29. Here's the sketch....


How'd I do? I think it turned out AWESOME! I flipped the card base since my image was a little taller. There are so many great images in this set. I love the little bird house and Anna does such CUTE little birds (and chickens), so I HAD to put him in there too! I stamped my images onto some SU Kraft and colored with my Copics and did some shading with my Lyra pencils. This DP is from Daisy D's and I matted it with some SU Soft Suede. This is the neatest shade of CS I've ever come across. If you've been following my blog, I've been using this a lot lately and what's so cool is that it takes on a brown OR olive hue depending on what paper you pair it with. How cool is that? Kinda like two colors in one! I'm all over that!! I punched the bottom edge of the image with the SU scalloped border punch and matted it with Soft Suede as well. Now here's the BESTEST part evah!! As I'm making this card my daughter walks in the house and hands me a present. I'm thinking, huh???? What's this for? She says, "open it". Ok, so there's nothing slow about me, I tear open that package so fast and inside is the cutest little sunflower candle holder and pumpkin spice candle you've ever seen (not to mention smells wonderful too!). And the card says, Happy 1/2 birthday!! Ha-ha-ha-ha! Now is that SWEET or what? I did that for her this year and she thought it was SO cool and she remembered to do it for me. Ok, now all at once, "aaaaahhhhhhhhh". I just love her so! Anywho, the package was tied with this cute little raffia bow on top so I thought, no need to waste that! And that's what's on this card. Waste not, want not huh? Ok, that does it for me today. Have a great day!

Supplies:
Rubber Stamp - Whipper Snapper "Happy Harvest"; DP - Daisy D's; Copics; Lyra pencils; Punch - SU Scalloped Border; CS - SU Kraft & Soft Suede

7 comments:

  1. i LOVE this!! Wonderful idea to use the flower as the sun!! You are so clever! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another beautiful card, love the raffia. I love the SU Soft Suede CS too, it really is an awesome colour. And talk about a picture perfect! that background TOTALLY complements your card! Good job!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is absolutely adorable. I love it. Great job. Neat idea to use the raffia also. happy 1/2 birthday to you. :)
    JoAnn

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the raffia idea, I didn't even know you used it for the card. I also love the plaid in the background.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty!! Love the layers and raffia. Thanks for playing with us at TPE!!

    Sheri

    ReplyDelete
  6. A BIRDHOUSE love it. Teresa(sis)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super Fabulous!!
    Blessings,
    LORi BOYD

    My Personal Blog
    http://byloridesigns.blogspot.com

    Co-Owner of TPE
    http://thepinkelephantchallenge.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I just love hearing from da hens!! Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with me. Cluckity-cluck!