Thursday, August 6, 2009

I'm on VAY-KAY-SHUN!

I made this card for my daughter, who starts her VAY-KAY-SHUN today.
She is one EXCITED girl. Free Smiley Courtesy of www.millan.net She's been looking forward to these two weeks off for some time now. So, I just had to make her a card! She gets kinda pouty if I don't make her one occasionally. I spoiled her when she was in college. I sent her a card EVERY week in a surprise package. What a TERRIFIC mom I am!! {he-he} I don't know about that, but I do wuv her bunches!!


I stamped Evelyn, one of my GREAT finds at CHA, onto SU Very Vanilla and colored her with my Copics. I plan to enter her in the Art Impressions card challenge and one stipulation is, you cannot use any other stamps other than Art Impressions. Oooooh! So I thought, how can I make a scene??Hmmmmm?? Well, I ended up just drawing it. It looks pretty good for a first timer, don't ya think? I was pretty proud of myself, anyway. I thought about this card all day yesterday and I knew what I wanted it to look like. It turned out just like my sketch and I just love it and I know she will too. But I have to admit, this is me every weekend! Ha!! I am such a bum on the weekends. Oh, and of course when you look your worst, is when you need to go to the store. Am I right? That's when you think, "Ok, I'll just zip in and out really fast and nobody will see me". RIGHT!!! Never fails!! Somebody is ALWAYS there that you know. Yup! Been there, done that!! Ok, have a great day and leave me a comment and let me know what you think. HAPPY VAY-KAY-SHUN DINKY!

Supplies:
Rubber Stamp-Art Impressions "Evelyn"; CS-SU Very Vanillia, Bazzil Brown; DP-Cosmo Cricket; Ribbon-SU Chocolate Chip Grosgrain

4 comments:

  1. Ok so I pull this card up and I thought ohhh, Evelyn, but before I looked at the card closely I began to read... and quickly put my hand over the card so I wouldn't see it. I can't wait to acually see my Evelyn card. Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, this is so cute. Love those sayings you added and yep, they are about right. Great job on making the scene and you always do a great job coloring. (Happy Vacation Jessica)
    JoAnn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ps. You are still a terrific mommy. I love you and I love my card!!!. Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job on the drawing of the trees and thats me to every chance I get. Teresa

    ReplyDelete

I just love hearing from da hens!! Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with me. Cluckity-cluck!