Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Harvest Blessings #2

Good morning everyone! This is another little Fall card I made with the "Harvest Blessings" set. I stamped her just like I did on Saturday's card using this image (masking the barrel of apples and stamping her behind).


But I must say, this card took WAY TOO long to put together. Have you ever had one of those? Every now and then, I just get stuck! I guess there's no rhyme or reason why, I just do. I had every intention of using a totally different DP with this card and had colored her to match, but when I put it together I thought YUK! I must have spent an hour matting and punching borders and trying different colors of CS and finally gave up on the other DP altogether. I finally fished through my paper stash and found this one. As soon as I laid her on it, I said, "that's it!" Yay! This DP is from Flair Designs and even though it's simple, I think it's just perfect, without any competing colors. I matted the image with SU Soft Suede and then again on the Papertrey Ink CS that I punched with my Fiskars Apron Lace border punch. I stitched around the edges and sponged a little chalk ink onto them too! I tied on some gingham ribbon and that finishes up my card for today! Be sure to leave a comment below, I'd love to hear what you think of her. Have a great day!

Supplies:
Rubber Stamps - Whipper Snapper; Copics; DP - Flair Desgins; CS - Papertrey Ink, Stamping Up; Punch - Fiskars Apron Lace Border; Ribbon

7 comments:

  1. I like the DP you used. I'm into browns lately.
    Kara

    ReplyDelete
  2. She looks great and that DP is perfect with the image.
    JoAnn

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how you color in your images!! I need to practice more by the looks of it..great card for Fall!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like him, I like the border on the bottom.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad I came by after I read your blog address on your watermark at SCS. You are a great colorist! Beautiful creations!

    ReplyDelete

I just love hearing from da hens!! Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with me. Cluckity-cluck!