Saturday, August 8, 2009

Happy Birthday Punkin!

My Mom and Dad have called my daughter "punkin" all her life, so when my Mom asked if I would make my daughter's birthday card for her, I knew exactly what I wanted to do.

I found this cute pumpkin image over at Whipper Snapper and stamped it onto some SU Very Vanilla CS. I colored it with my Lyra pencils and stitched around the edges. The card base is (do I need to say?) SU Kraft. Love my Kraft paper!! The patterned paper underneath is from My Minds Eye-Grow Collection. This is a really pretty paper collection. Now I know this is supposed to be a Fall stamp but I thought, hey I could make it work for a birthday, right? So, I punched two balloons with my Martha Stewart balloon punch and then drew in some string down to the vine, so it looks like he's holding the balloons. To finish it off, I printed the sentiment and attached it at the bottom. Hey, works for me! Actually, I think it fits her to a tee! We're having a family BBQ for her over at my parent's house today to start off her "birthday week"!! We're BIG on birthdays!! {he-he} Leave a comment below and let me know what you think. Have a great day!

Supplies:
Rubber Stamp-Whipper Snapper; CS-SU Kraft & Very Vanilla; Lyra Colored Pencils; DP-My Minds Eye (Grow); Punch-Martha Stewart Balloon

4 comments:

  1. I think it is adorable. I like the pumpkin image. I think she will love it. Wish her a happy birthday for me.
    JoAnn

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love my pumpkin birthday card. It is just perfect. Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute card! I have a friend with a birthday in October. What a good idea!
    Kara

    ReplyDelete
  4. How cute is that! my sister and mine birthdays are in October and I hope to make one like that for her! love it! Jen

    ReplyDelete

I just love hearing from da hens!! Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with me. Cluckity-cluck!