Saturday, August 22, 2009

Harvest Blessings

Hi everyone! I hope you're having a great weekend. It's SUPER DUPER HOT here. Whew! When I went shopping today, Lucy (that's my car's name) said it was 102 outside. Good grief! Time to get my butt back home in the AC!! None of that stuff for me. Me and the heat, do NOT get along. So I came back home and back in my craft room I go! Ahhhh nnnnice...


I need to finish up my Fall cards since the first day of Fall is September 22, and that's only a month away. Gotta get going... so I inked up Anna Wight's set "Harvest Blessings" and made this little number. The barrel of apples and the scarecrow are two separate images in the set. I just masked the apples and stamped her behind them. The CS is Rustic Cream from Papertrey Ink. I'm really liking it! It's so much heavier than most I've used and the little flecks of brown look really neat too! The DP is from Bella Blvd and the brown CS is Soft Suede from SU. This is a nice Fall color too! I colored the image with my Copics and then stitched around the edges. I sponged a little ColorBox chalk ink around the edges as well. In order to make this half circle, I used a compass and then used my corner rounder to make the scallops, I used the compass again, a bit smaller this time, to cut the DP and then cut them both in half. There is probably an easier way to achieve this, but hey - it worked!! Woo-hoo!! Ok, that finishes up my little girl scarecow. Be sure to leave me a comment below and let me know what you think. Have a great day!

Supplies:
Rubber Stamp - Whipper Snapper; Copics; CS - Papertrey Ink, Stampin Up; DP - Bella Blvd; ColorBox Chalk Ink

4 comments:

  1. I love the half-circle background, very cute. Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now fall is my favorite season living in MD so I really like this card. I like the trees in the background and scarecrow is adorable. Marsha

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is really cute. Love the design of the card and the papers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love scarecrows, tin men, lions, Toto and Dorothy. I think I'll watch Wizard of Oz tonight. The card is just wonderful. I think you need to make one for Sherrie.
    Kara

    ReplyDelete

I just love hearing from da hens!! Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with me. Cluckity-cluck!